Migrating Documents from Oracle to SQL Server - SSMA V 7.3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to migrate around 80 tables from Oracle 9i Enterprise database to a SQL Server 2016 Database.

1. I created a project, schema and synchronized it.
    2. Started the migration and it transferred 79 tables with data.
    3. There are two tables that contain documents/images. The smaller table got transferred with the data, but the bigger table that has about half a million records gets stuck at 0 rows but showing 10% on the progress bar.
    4. I left it over night with no joy and had to kill the process.
    5. Tried by changing default settings for Batch Size to 50, Timeout to 500, Parallel Migration to Custom with 1 thread. 

Still no joy. I have attached a screenshot. Any help, I will be grateful.

Kind Regards,

D

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Teige Gao,

Thank you for a quick reply. I tried again this afternoon and surprisingly it completed the documents migration in 2 1/2 hours. Not sure was was the problem yesterday. But it's worked now. 

Kind Regards,

Deepak

• Marked as answer by D2epak Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:26 PM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi D2epak,

You can try to use SQL Server Profiler to monitor the process of migrating data from Oracle to SQL Server, please pay attention to the SSMA for Oracle.

Using this tool will help you finding on which step SSMA is hanging. If it is hanging on the step of migrating one data, you can try to delete it temporarily and then migrate it separately.

If this method cannot help, you can also try to use SSIS to migrate it.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:56 AM
  • Hi Teige Gao,

Thank you for a quick reply. I tried again this afternoon and surprisingly it completed the documents migration in 2 1/2 hours. Not sure was was the problem yesterday. But it's worked now. 

Kind Regards,

Deepak

• Marked as answer by D2epak Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:26 PM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:25 PM