none
Error 25003 installing .NET Framework 4.0 after uninstalling 4.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to get my computer working properly again for about the last week. This is my last attempt before I do a clean install. I already did an upgrade install of Windows 7 that did not resolve the problem. I keep getting an error related to fusion while trying to install .NET Framework 4.0.

Here is a link to a clean log file, made in the way they always say, delete all temporary files first: http://sdrv.ms/RH9Ciu. It pulled some other install logs from another user account on the same computer that I did not clear the temporary data from.

The problem seems pretty clear, but I haven't found any suggestions for resolving it that have helped.

Thanks anyone for your help!

FYI, I can still reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 without a problem, I just can't install Framework 4.0. But with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, I get an error with Microsoft Office.
    • Edited by Thorn969 Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:29 PM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From the log, I found the error message:

12/20/12 17:00:55 DDSet_Error: Failure creating interface IAssemblyCache
    12/20/12 17:00:55 DDSet_Error: CreateAssemblyCache() returned -2147024703
    12/20/12 17:00:55 DDSet_Error: Error occurred while initializing fusion.

Please try this way to to reset the ACL on GAC dirs as the following:

• Open a Windows Command Prompt *As Administrator*.
    • Copy this command to the clipboard:

for /F %D in ('dir %WINDIR%\assembly %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\assembly /s /b /a:d') do takeown /F %D && icacls %D /reset /T

• Click on the icon at the left of the Command Prompt window titlebar, then select Edit->Paste to paste the command to the prompt.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:06 AM

All replies

• Read through this thread, which addresses the identical error while installing the same product:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/e35a4ab6-78db-437c-bc6d-ee6c13a4fbe2

Note especially Barry Wang's comments:

"Error 25003. Error occurred while initializing fusion"

From this blog we can see "Error 25003 means that setup is having trouble loading a specific function inside of the DLL named fusion.dll".

Could you please try the following tool to fix? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698555 "

Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:32 PM
  • Thanks, I had found that thread before and tried the tool. There didn't seem to be anything in the thread that helped that person anyway.

The tool said it had to reregister Windows Installer service, Restart Windows Installer service, and Modify access control lists on Object '%WINDIR%\assembly' and did those things and the install still didn't work.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Friday, December 21, 2012 3:14 AM
  • "Do you have any other suggestions?"

To be honest, no. I was unable to find any solid solution to this particular error. Hopefully, somebody else with greater expertise will jump in to help.

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

From the log, I found the error message:

12/20/12 17:00:55 DDSet_Error: Failure creating interface IAssemblyCache
    12/20/12 17:00:55 DDSet_Error: CreateAssemblyCache() returned -2147024703
    12/20/12 17:00:55 DDSet_Error: Error occurred while initializing fusion.

Please try this way to to reset the ACL on GAC dirs as the following:

• Open a Windows Command Prompt *As Administrator*.
    • Copy this command to the clipboard:

for /F %D in ('dir %WINDIR%\assembly %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\assembly /s /b /a:d') do takeown /F %D && icacls %D /reset /T

• Click on the icon at the left of the Command Prompt window titlebar, then select Edit->Paste to paste the command to the prompt.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:06 AM