none
Mismatch office interop library (Library not registered) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing .net Addin for outlook using VSTO,

I deployed the plugin in a lot of stations, and i encountered this errors in a lot of them:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8002801D): Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass.get_LanguageSettings()

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: The media is write protected. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070013).
       at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass.ActiveWindow()

I searched a lot of time for a solution but the best one i found is to fix the typelib registry keys and repair office installation.

(Described in here: https://www.fieldstonsoftware.com/support/support_gsyncit_8002801D.shtml)

I cannot offer this as a solution to the end users, is there a better solution for this problem?

• Edited by sharon8811 Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:11 AM typo
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:10 AM

All replies