ODBC Native Client connectivity (initial lack of) after failover from Primary to Mirror RRS feed

• Question

• If the Primary fails, what is the expected action of the Native Client?

Is it expected to fail initially in an attempted connect to Primary, then successive connects succeed to Mirror?

If this is not how it should be from an operational standpoint, then we have something wrong because this is what's happening.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:36 AM

Answers

• From what I've been reading, I've been able to ascertain that it has something to do with our web services and assemblies not having try, catch retry statements and this is why I believe our applications fail upon first connect only to the mirror server.

I'm no developer, I'm just researching as I've been thrown in the deep end because I have something to do with the adminstration of the SQL servers and the domain they connect to.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:15 AM

All replies

• Please provide more details and clearity if possible.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:34 AM
    Answerer
  • From what I've been reading, I've been able to ascertain that it has something to do with our web services and assemblies not having try, catch retry statements and this is why I believe our applications fail upon first connect only to the mirror server.

I'm no developer, I'm just researching as I've been thrown in the deep end because I have something to do with the adminstration of the SQL servers and the domain they connect to.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:15 AM