New ARM platform by copying settings from Win32 or <Empty>

Question

• My app makes uses of a couple of third-party libraries that provide visual studio solution file (.sln). We have managed to build and consume these libraries in Win32 build of our app. And our app has successfully passed the Windows App Cert Kit.

Now we want to build our app for Windows RT (ARM). But those third-party libraries only provide Win32 platform in their solution files. I can create ARM platform in "Configuration Manager" but am given two options: copy settings from (1)Win32, or (2) <Empty>. So which one should I choose?

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:20 AM

Answers

• You probably want to copy the settings from the existing platform, but you could set them up manually if you have specific needs.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, February 11, 2013 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:28 AM
    Owner

All replies

• You probably want to copy the settings from the existing platform, but you could set them up manually if you have specific needs.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, February 11, 2013 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:28 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks Rob.
    I agree with you that copy existing settings is the way to go in most of the cases. Indeed what I really want to know is whether there are some compiler/linker options that differentiate a Win32 build from a ARM build. I've found that /MACHINE and /APPCONTAINER are two of them.
    Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:13 PM