Need Silverlight 1.0 Browser Plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to download Silverlight 1.0 browser plugin. As I want to view one of the silverlight application developed using SL 1.0.

Can someone point me to the correct link for that.

Thanks in Advance.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:59 AM

Answers

• I went to that site in IE8 and couldn't see the content (also tried Firefox 3). So I did a view source, and saw there are multiple full HTML documents in that one page (multiple html and multiple body tags, one of which is a whole document embedded in a TD)

I checked out his Silverlight.js. He's still using one from the pre-released versions of Silverlight 1.0. It won't even work with SL 1.0 as I recall. Here are the comments from the file:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //
    //  Silverlight.js   version 0.9
    //
    //  This file is provided by Microsoft as a helper file for websites that
    //  incorporate Silverlight Objects.  It must be used in conjunction with createSilverlight.js,
    //  or alternatively, a custom .js file specific to your site.  The 0.9 version of this file is
    //  hard coded to match Microsoft Silverlight v1.0 Beta, which exposes 0.9 as its version number.    
    //  This file is provided as is.
    //

You can let him know that he needs to pick up a production Silverlight.js. He can grab the correct version from the Silverlight 2 RTW tools. 

Hope that helps.

Pete

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:33 AM

All replies

• Unless their markup has a syntax error that the early revs of the runtime glossed over, you should be able to just use Silverlight 2.

Silverlight 2 is backwards compatible, the only restriction being no support for PPC Macs.

Pete

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:03 AM
  • Hi,

I am trying to view the below link on the machine where Silverlight 2.0 Browser Plugin is installed.

http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/blogs/mikeg/SilverlightVideos/PowerPoint_2007_and_Slide_Libraries/slidelibraries.aspx

But it always shows Install Silverlight link. I confirmed from the site owner that it is developed using Silverlight 1.0.

So I want to try installing 1.0 plugin.

Regards

mswin

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:16 AM
  • I just went to this page and could see the website. As 'Pete' mentioned in the above post that SL2 runtime is backward compatible as well. I do not have 1.0, only 2.0 on my machine.

You may install runtime from here.

Please mark the post as 'Answered' if this Answers your question

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:09 AM
  • I went to that site in IE8 and couldn't see the content (also tried Firefox 3). So I did a view source, and saw there are multiple full HTML documents in that one page (multiple html and multiple body tags, one of which is a whole document embedded in a TD)

I checked out his Silverlight.js. He's still using one from the pre-released versions of Silverlight 1.0. It won't even work with SL 1.0 as I recall. Here are the comments from the file:

//
    //  Silverlight.js   version 0.9
    //
    //  This file is provided by Microsoft as a helper file for websites that
    //  incorporate Silverlight Objects.  It must be used in conjunction with createSilverlight.js,
    //  or alternatively, a custom .js file specific to your site.  The 0.9 version of this file is
    //  hard coded to match Microsoft Silverlight v1.0 Beta, which exposes 0.9 as its version number.    
    //  This file is provided as is.
    //

You can let him know that he needs to pick up a production Silverlight.js. He can grab the correct version from the Silverlight 2 RTW tools. 

Hope that helps.

Pete

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:33 AM