vshub.exe RRS feed

• Question

• User1080785583 posted

Why is this in my IDE for VS 2015? More useless information that requires the internet to use. Thanks for nothing useful other than 1000000 http requests to this url in fiddler.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:31 PM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

I believe you should be able to disable it as per Anson's response here :

Anson Horton

The options that control that communication are in Tools | Options | Environment | Extensions and Updates (see the first two checkboxes). Second, roaming settings runs as a service in the VS Hub. The setting that controls this behavior is in Tools | Options | Environment | Synchronized settings (or more holistically, if you do not sign into the personalization account in the upper right hand corner of VS). Finally, the VS Hub does report telemetry. The volume of this data can be significantly reduced via the Help | Customer Feedback Options | Settings… menu item.

as seen : 

I haven't personally tried it, but hopefully that and some of the other suggestions mentioned in that discussion may help.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:59 PM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

I believe you should be able to disable it as per Anson's response here :

Anson Horton

The options that control that communication are in Tools | Options | Environment | Extensions and Updates (see the first two checkboxes). Second, roaming settings runs as a service in the VS Hub. The setting that controls this behavior is in Tools | Options | Environment | Synchronized settings (or more holistically, if you do not sign into the personalization account in the upper right hand corner of VS). Finally, the VS Hub does report telemetry. The volume of this data can be significantly reduced via the Help | Customer Feedback Options | Settings… menu item.

as seen : 

I haven't personally tried it, but hopefully that and some of the other suggestions mentioned in that discussion may help.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:59 PM
  • User1080785583 posted

THANKS! My feature knowledge disappears as quickly as they come out.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:53 PM
  • User1080785583 posted

Can I remove this assembly from my computer somehow? Is there a service dependency embedded in this  'tool'?

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:55 PM
  • User1080785583 posted

Deleted tool now I can resume development. Thanks for this bugged tool that increased Microsoft Azure Processes 2300%.

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:51 PM