Reassign a task generated by collect data from user RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I have developed a workflow to collect data from user for an approval process. when I tried to reassign the task and complete it...it seems like the outcome field on the task remains blank and the workflow doesn't proceed further.

is it possible to reassign tasks generated by collect data from user (when user is on vacation / jury duty etc) and have any you seen this scenario previously?

appreciate any guidance.

• Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 19, 2011 7:24 AM always use the question type
    Friday, March 18, 2011 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi S R SP,

Do you want to edit the collect data form, but the outcome column still display blank after you edit it?

If you use collect data from user action, outcome will always blank if you haven’t click complete tasks button. After you click this button, outcome column will filled with “Complete”. I’m not so clearly that if the collect data action is not complete, how could the workflow go to the next action and why you need to reassign a collect data form again?

How about create a workflow attach to tasks list, add conditions (if data form fields is empty) then assign a to do action to the use and wait for the data form fields to be not empty.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:36 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Hi S R SP,

Once the collect data from user workflow is clicked to complete by a approver, the workflow will go to the next step. And the workflow will not go back to the collect data action even if the collect data from user task had been modified. If you want to assign the task again to a approver that the real approvers is not the one in assign to column, you need to create another workflow with needed action again.
    Try this to reassign the tasks: Create a workflow to the tasks list  or add actions in original workflow, if assigned to column in tasks list is not equals to modified by, add all the actions under collect data from action (include collect data from action) again.  

Best regards,
    Emir

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi S R SP,

Do you want to edit the collect data form, but the outcome column still display blank after you edit it?

If you use collect data from user action, outcome will always blank if you haven’t click complete tasks button. After you click this button, outcome column will filled with “Complete”. I’m not so clearly that if the collect data action is not complete, how could the workflow go to the next action and why you need to reassign a collect data form again?

How about create a workflow attach to tasks list, add conditions (if data form fields is empty) then assign a to do action to the use and wait for the data form fields to be not empty.

Best regards,
    Emir

Monday, March 21, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Hello Emir

what I did was setup a workflow using collect data from user and was trying to reassign the task. i was able to reassign the task and hit complete but the workflow didn't move forward at all...I thought this was related to the outcome field on the workflow tasks list. when I tried to update the outcome field, I was unable to as it is read only...

since then, I was able to open the task as a site owner and just hit task complete and the workflow moved (without reassignment).

I am wondering if this might have to do with some a check box I added to the task to indicate approval or completion of the task.

Thank you

Monday, March 21, 2011 1:41 PM
  • Hi S R SP,

Once the collect data from user workflow is clicked to complete by a approver, the workflow will go to the next step. And the workflow will not go back to the collect data action even if the collect data from user task had been modified. If you want to assign the task again to a approver that the real approvers is not the one in assign to column, you need to create another workflow with needed action again.
    Try this to reassign the tasks: Create a workflow to the tasks list  or add actions in original workflow, if assigned to column in tasks list is not equals to modified by, add all the actions under collect data from action (include collect data from action) again.  

Best regards,
    Emir

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:32 AM