none
Zxing Barcode Reader in Windows Mobile ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For Reading Barcode i am using Zxing  Barcode Reader in windows phone 7.For Windows Mobile 6.0 is there library to read the Barcode .please tell me how to read the Barcode in Windows mobile 6.0.please provide sample solution.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:45 AM

Answers

• Barcode readers typically have two interfaces. The easiest to use is the "keyboard wedge". When you scan a barcode, it should enter data in your application form just as if the user had typed in the barcode data using the keyboard. There is no additional code necessary for this method.

The secondary method is to use the SDK provided by your device manufacturer. Each device will be slightly different. For example, Intermec has an IDL Device Resource Kit. Motorola and LXE have similar packages.

The ZXING library appears to use a standard mobile phone camera to scan barcodes rather than a dedicated barcode scanner. It's written in java, though, so you'll probably need some sort of java interpreter.

-PaulH

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:40 PM

All replies

• As the announcement at the top of the forum suggests, Windows Phone 7 questions are best directed to the WP7 dedicated forums located here:

http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=19

-PaulH

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:33 PM
  • Hi  Paul,

can u please tell me how to read the barcode in windows mobile 5.0 and 6.0 .

i am seraching for that but i didn't get clear idea .please tell me.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Barcode readers typically have two interfaces. The easiest to use is the "keyboard wedge". When you scan a barcode, it should enter data in your application form just as if the user had typed in the barcode data using the keyboard. There is no additional code necessary for this method.

The secondary method is to use the SDK provided by your device manufacturer. Each device will be slightly different. For example, Intermec has an IDL Device Resource Kit. Motorola and LXE have similar packages.

The ZXING library appears to use a standard mobile phone camera to scan barcodes rather than a dedicated barcode scanner. It's written in java, though, so you'll probably need some sort of java interpreter.

-PaulH

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:40 PM
  • The Zxing barcode reader is the best I've seen. Have not been able to find "keyboard wedge" software for Zxing. Using Zxing with other applications running on a smartphone seems like an elegant combination. I'm guessing it's not so easily done or it would have been. I'm going to take a crack at it, but don't hold your breath.

November 2011

Jeff

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:03 PM