none
V8 Control and new Route Optimization... how to turn it off from Map Control API?

Question

• Bing Maps API, creating the DirectionsManager to set up a map with routes from A->B->C->D.  Customer wants to change B->C segment to use a different route by dragging the route in the map and setting up a viapoint (which I can then store).  The problem is the recent route optimization changes (?) are adding the viapoint and then re-routing A->B to include that point even though Customer is dragging the segment for B->C.  What to do to turn off this feature in the map control?
    Monday, December 10, 2018 10:37 PM

All replies

• Hi CustomBytes,

It looks like you have created a case with Bing Maps Enterprise support and they will work with you directly on this issue.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:52 PM
    Owner
  • I have and they have identified it as a bug that's resolved in Experimental branch, but testing that identified a bug in Experimental that's not in Release branch.  So... we're not to a resolution yet after a week, but I'm hopeful.

Thanks for checking in on this!

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:58 PM
  • It was interesting as I had escalated this to the V8 team and then saw your case so added it to the thread. Forums are a great place for quick questions but if you are a license customer getting the direct access is a better option for sure.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:52 PM
    Owner