none
EWS : how to get notification when meeting starts/end in exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have to do some operation when meeting starts and end. But i not able to find anyway to get the notification from EWS when meeting starts and end.

I tried push subscribe and subscribe for folder ID "calendar" and then do GetItem to fetch the meeting information. But the problem with this approach is i have to store all meeting item with timing and have my logic(timer) to find when meeting is started and finished.

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:21 AM

All replies

• No EWS Notifications fire on New Message Arrival, Modification,Deletion there are no events that fire on the server when a meeting starts or ends. All applications that use reminders are client based eg they poll the calendar of the user and then take action based on there own client side logic.

My suggestion would be you look at GetUserAvailability http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange/ee356454(v=exchg.80).aspx . This can provide Meeting Start, Stop, Subject, Location for up 100 users in one request so you can poll a large number of users (as long as you have the rights) with a minimal amount of operations.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, October 29, 2012 3:06 AM