none
wss2.0 update/delete/hide lookup column that does not display any values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a document library that contains a Category column that is a lookup field. This is a default column that is a required field when uploading documents to the document library. The Category column is empty and I am unable to amend, hide, make it not required or delete it.

I have gone to Modify settings and columns -> clicked on the Category field to edit, but there is no option to amend the content or delete it. I am only able to amend the Column name and Description.

Since then, I have amended the column name to eg. Category1 and created a new Category field as a lookup and linked it to the correct list.

The problem I am facing now, is that I cannot hide, delete or make the Category1 (old Category) field NOT required. Either I would like to update the original field to display the correct values or alternately hide, delete or make the column not required.

Please help.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:51 PM

Answers

• As this was a customization to the original product, one of the developers wrote an application to fix this in our environment.
    • Marked as answer by Maclons Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:50 PM
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:50 PM