Application form fields values entry is slow through coded ui test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working with Coded UI Test and my question is,

I have created coded UI test of windows application. I am using data driven testing, inputs to the system are read from excel file. It takes much time to enter values into the various fields of application form with some form not with all form. Any idea why that happens? 

Is there way to enter values into the various fields of application form fastly?

Please suggest

Thanks

• Edited by Kumari Aarti Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:54 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hello,

To make the tests run faster you need to understand where the time is used and which parts are the slowest. Please check the debug trace information after you run Coded UI test to see if there are any messages such as control is found, take XXX time, expected time is XXX etc. If yes, please post here so that we can further look at this issue.

In addition, you can use Coded UI Test logs to analyze coded UI test run: Analyzing Coded UI Tests Using Coded UI Test Logs

These blogs about improve coded UI test performance should help you: Guidelines on improving performance of Coded UI Test playback

Smart Match & Slow Coded UI Tests

Improving the performance of your Coded UI tests

If you use a third-party tool to measure the time, I don’t think that it is enough acceptable since Coded UI Test has own engineer to execute the test.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, September 30, 2013 6:10 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:59 AM