can't download expression 4 sp 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try to download expression encoder 4 sp2 I get redirected to a page saying I must download .Net Framework 4 1st even though I have already downloaded it successfully several times.  I can't get past that message.
    Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:10 AM

All replies

• But have you installed .NET 4?  It's probably checking your UserAgent for .NET 4 and not finding it, thus the redirect?  Just a guess... I downloaded it today no problem.

/* joshua m */

Saturday, May 19, 2012 10:49 PM
  • I am encountering something similar related to the installation of Expression Encoder SP2 (EE SP2).

Specifically, when I launch the downloaded EE SP2 installer executable, the installer performs some sort of file system search and after clicking yes to get through the Win7 UAC, I am presented with a dialog box containing the following: "This software required Microsoft .NET Framework 4. Do you want to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 now?" Choosing "No" cancels the installation. Choosing "Yes" launches a new browser tab / window and loads up the .NET 4 dl page.

The thing is, this is a very recent rebuild of a Windows 7, 64-bit Ultimate PC with *all* windows updates -- including .NET 4 -- installed.

Will the .NET 4 assets (dated back to 2011) to which the EE SP2 installer points (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851) harm or otherwise roll-back any of the recent updates?

Also, I had a eSATA-connected external drive powered and recognized by Win7 in my first few attempts to install EE SP2. The installer searched the first partition on the external drive (E:) rather than the OS partition (C:) for whatever it needed to find. I disconnected the external drive and subsequent EE SP2 installation attempts searched (C:). I found that to be odd behavior.

OS: Windows 7, 64-bit Ultimate (fully patched with all critical and optional updates)

Hardware Spec: greatly exceeds the recommended specification.

Monday, July 9, 2012 10:19 PM