Windows CE 7 - Hooks Touch/Mouse Events RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to develop a background service/application which listens on the touch/mouse events( in particular swipe up) on Windows CE 7 device. Based on these events, a separate application will be invoked.

If any one have any idea or sample would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Lourdhu P,

Welcome to msdn forum.

Applications can listen to system events by using the InkCollector object and listening for the SystemGesture event on it. You can set which events an application listens to. When a tablet pen action occurs, the corresponding SystemGesture event is sent to the application on its InkCollector object. An application can cancel the mouse message that corresponds to a given SystemGesture event when it receives the event. For details about canceling mouse messages, see SystemGesture event.

More information:

System Events and Mouse Messages

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Eileen

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Eileen ni Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:28 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Lourdhu P,

Welcome to msdn forum.

Applications can listen to system events by using the InkCollector object and listening for the SystemGesture event on it. You can set which events an application listens to. When a tablet pen action occurs, the corresponding SystemGesture event is sent to the application on its InkCollector object. An application can cancel the mouse message that corresponds to a given SystemGesture event when it receives the event. For details about canceling mouse messages, see SystemGesture event.

More information:

System Events and Mouse Messages

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Eileen

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Eileen ni Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:28 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Hi Eileen,

Thanks for the pointer, I will check and update you.

Also I would like to know how to make the following design in Windows CE 7.

1. A small Button always should stay at the bottom of the screen. This I have made using ExtStyle flags(WS_EX_NOACTIVATE | WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW | WS_EX_ABOVESTARTUP | WS_EX_TOPMOST).
    2. When I click the button it should slide up to show a layout in Transparent of height 100px. 
    3. When I click the same button again then it should slide down and get back to state 1.

Could you please tell how to make the window transparent panel or window?

Thanks,
    Lourdhu

Friday, January 3, 2014 5:28 PM