Reports are broken again!!! RRS feed

• Question

• After being fixed now the reports are broken again! What on earth is going on there at you guys

RoastedWookie

Monday, April 28, 2014 5:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• MS takes 30% of apps sales like other platforms (android, ios). But other stores havn't such problem!

Every month reports broke and broke again. It's terrible work of MS employees (sorry, I can not call them developers)

And I don't want to pay 30% of my sales for these failures. 10% is the limit for such conduct.

Monday, April 28, 2014 8:23 AM
  • yes ...funny hehe...! this is like titanic... do you know what happens with this ship...(like m$)

m$ workers = old and lazy?

m$ workers = to much money?

m$ workers = computers?

m$ workers = ________?

i think 80%/20% will come soon ..if not m$ is not on my list anymore...

or better 90%/10% perhaps i will stay...

bye

Monday, April 28, 2014 4:38 PM
  • We are aware of an issue that is preventing data from 4/24 and 4/25 from being loaded to your Dev Center download and in-app purchase reports. Teams are engaged and working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. For updates, please review the post regarding the DevCenter Download & IAP Reporting Delay - 4/24 & 4/25 Data.

Thank you for your patience!

-Drew

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Phone Dev Center

• Marked as answer by Drew-W MSFT Monday, April 28, 2014 6:16 PM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 6:16 PM
  • I hope it won't take as long as last time (7 days... a whole week without any data).
    Monday, April 28, 2014 6:27 PM
  • again report broken.......... and download count dropped by 70% to 80%......

MS only aware of this issue, but not doing efforts to fix it permanently. Whenever reports break, then download counts dropped by 70% to 80% even after broken reports corrected from your side.

I think MS itself not want to fix it permanently, so that it can make more money by breaking the reports, as MS may lack of money even after taking 30% share + 3 to 4 month interest (payment is delayed by 2-4 month even after completing 200$ threshold) from developer's money.

Thank you Microsoft for your such a bad and disappointed service.

Ok, none of us are happy about this but this is a ridiculous statement. The amount Microsoft make from the app store must be totally insignificant compared to their other operations. And they won't always make 30% or your app sales - if someone buys and app through their carrier billing the carrier takes a % of the sale and it's probably larger than you think.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:20 AM
  • Some data for 26th and 27th did come. But, for 24th and 25th the data seem to be totally incomplete and wrong. Am I the only one that has this problem?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:47 AM
  • yes, 24th and 25th to be incomplete or wrong for me.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:28 AM
  • For me, 24th, 25th and 26th are incomplete. Really tired of seeing issues with both download and ads revenue reports every few weeks.

Kevin

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:02 AM
  • My 25th on the screen...

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:11 AM
  • I'm also having this issue with the data on the 25th and also some of the other days seem off.

I hope that they not only fix this issue, but hopefully prevent such things from happening again.

Would it be too much to ask if the report data is present on the next day and not 2-3 days behind?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:47 AM
  • What about 4/28 now? Broken a 3rd time again.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:13 AM
  • Broken, yeap!
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:02 PM
  • I know right! What is worse is that I think when they had big issue on the 20th of March (3/20) I still have apparently had a lot less sales than I know I should have had given the history over the last months, but they just say data is correct go away..... anyone else see less sales than they should on 3/20?

Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:04 AM
  • See The Highlighted yellow in my picture? That is a significant downward spike in my sales compared to normal and it coincidentally happened when MSFT had data issues on the 20th of March.....it just seems too far unlikely given how much lower it is for it to be a coincidence, I firmly believe they lost our app sales data, can't prove it of course.....sucks.....

Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:07 AM
  • The amount Microsoft make from the app store must be totally insignificant compared to their other operations. And they won't always make 30% or your app sales - if someone buys and app through their carrier billing the carrier takes a % of the sale and it's probably larger than you think. 

Nope, in fact in certain areas Microsoft charges an extra 13.9% ON TOP of the 30% so that carriers get paid as well.....so Microsoft does make sure it gets 30%

Reference source link from Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help/jj206732(v=vs.105).aspx

• Edited by Cheeky Ghost Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:17 AM added reference link
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:13 AM