none
Is there an API to control the IME settings? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having issues with switching between English and Japanese in an Access 2007 application and I need an API where I can programatically change the settings between English and Japanese.

Does someone know of VBA code I can use to do this?

TIA

Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:18 PM

All replies

• Most applications have their own IME API, for example there is one for Chromium, Windows, Firefox, and so on.

If you are looking about the IME for Japanese in Access maybe the Application.acImeMode will be what you are looking for.

In addition Combobox, Listbox and Textbox have the IMEMode property to set the IME mode when the control gets the focus.

Henry

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 8:47 AM
  • If you are looking about the IME for Japanese in Access maybe the Application.acImeMode will be what you are looking for.

In addition Combobox, Listbox and Textbox have the IMEMode property to set the IME mode when the control gets the focus.

I did a search on Application.acImeMode and it seems like it is only available on Office 2010 and not on my Access 2007.

WRT the IMEMode property on individual controls, I do use it.  However there are two problems that I have encountered. 

1. Say I have FormA with Textboxes and FormB with a Datasheet.  If focus is on a Japanese Textbox and then I change focus onto an English column on the Datasheet, it stays in Japanese mode
    2. If I have FormA with a Japanese Textbox and an English Textbox defined as Rich Text that follows in tab order, tabbing into the English Textbox does not change the IME to English.  I tested changing the English to Plain Text and it works OK.

So I was hoping there was an API available that I could fix these problems by programatically changing to English when a Japanese Textbox loses focus.

Regards,

-bhata

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:15 PM