XSLT data view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I created a contact list and opened the list using sharepoint designer 2007. I converted the list to XSLT data view. I wanted to change the look and feel and play with the layout a bit. I added caption and inserted an image and an hyperlink. I am able to view the caption. My team that has contribute permission level is able to view the caption. But rest of the people belonging to other teams are only able to view the list bit not caption or the look and feel that i changed. What might be the reason? what should i do?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:56 PM

All replies

• Are you doing this on a Publishing Site? If yes, then you need to publish the changes.  Try doing this and see if it helps.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:09 PM
  • Yes i am on a publishing site! But I do not have teh option of publishing this page. This is the default.aspx page, When I right click this page using SP designer I have the option of just checking it in! But all the other changes made to this page is visible to everyone, I dont know why changes made through XSLT data view is not visible to people with READ permission. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, September 17, 2012 3:29 PM
  • Do you mean that when you click on Check-in option, it does not show you option to publish major version?

Also, please confirm whether you have Full Access to the site:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/set-permissions-for-publishing-HA010157786.aspx

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:50 AM