none
Text tearing/shearing in code editor window

Question

• I am running a 3 display setup.  1 display is on my laptop and I have 2 additional stand alone monitors.  The VS code editor window works find on my laptop display, but on the stand-alone monitors the text is sheared whenever I scroll up or down making VS unusable.  My graphics drivers are up to date and I think that my graphics card is decent (AMD Radeon HD 8950?).  

This is the only other case I could find where someone had a similar problem: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/807047/screen-tearing-in-vs2k13-with-citrix

Friday, April 15, 2016 10:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Will,

>>the text is sheared whenever I scroll up or down making VS unusable.

Could you share me a screen shot about the above result? Does it mean that your VS meet an performance issue?

If so, whether all projects have the same issue? Do you also use the VS2013?

If you run your VS as the admin or in safe mode, how about the result?

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx

Does it work well before?

Maybe we would think about the VS setup or the hardware in your windows if all projects have this issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 18, 2016 9:53 AM
  • Hi Jack,

I tried running in safemode and as admin and had the same problem.  I encounter the same problem for different projects.  I do not use VS2013 (the current project that I am working on requires VS2015).

I will attach a screenshot once I get permissions to post images.  I forgot to mention before that I am running Windows 7.

Thanks,

Will

Monday, April 18, 2016 4:51 PM
  • So I updated my "Display adapters" drivers and that fixed the problem I was seeing.  

-Will

Monday, April 18, 2016 7:51 PM
  • Hi Will,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, if so, please mark your reply as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue to find the answer easily, and I could close case for you.

Have a nice day,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:31 AM