none
WinMo 6.5 projects under Visual Studio 2010?

Question

• Couldn't find any other threads on this. Will it be possible developing WinMo 6.5 / 6.0-projects under VS 2010?

I just installed the RC and could not open my old WinMo 6.5 projects. After conversion of the solution, all projects are "not available". Tried reinstalling the 6.5 SDK and then performing a "Repair" on the 6.0 SDK to no avail. There is no "Smart device projects" tab under File>New project either.

Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:09 PM

Answers

• Couldn't find any other threads on this. Will it be possible developing WinMo 6.5 / 6.0-projects under VS 2010?

There's a few post around. But the information you are looking for was disclosed at mix. "Developers can continue to use Visual Studio 2008 for Windows Mobile development." VS2010 doesn't support smart device development and it looks that there are no plans to add support.
    Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by FrodeNilsen2 Friday, April 9, 2010 7:25 AM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:59 PM