none
DreamSpark windows embedded 8.1 error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi im a student and got windows embedded 8.1 for free. 

i downloaded the ISO and burnt it to a disc with PowerISO i changed my boot set up to boot from cd/dvd and when it boots from there it would come up saying remove media continue to windows and insert media and restart install, so i done that and went through the set up, i picked to keep personal files and the install got to 49% and then said install has stopped so tried again and same thing happened, then i tried again but picked keep nothing and it got to 89% and came up with the error again?

does anyone know why this would happen or how to fix it? 

Saturday, November 9, 2013 1:16 PM

All replies

• 1. The Windows Embedded 8.1 disk is an installation disk. Sounds like you tried to install on your development system, is this correct? I don't think you want to do this. You should really install on a clean target system.

2. If there is a problem with the DVD, I would burn the DVD again, but at a slower speed.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Saturday, November 9, 2013 5:34 PM
  • Im just trying to install it on my normal laptop but doesn't seem to be working,  I'll try burn it slower and see if that works, never actually thought about that. Thanks
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 5:53 PM
  • i just realized ages ago i made an encrypted partition on my hard drive and have totally forgotten the password to get into now, there isn't anything special or worth keeping in it, but would that maybe be why windows 8 isn't installing? 

if so how could i just delete the partition as when i go to disk management it isn't showing for me to format it or anything?

Sunday, November 10, 2013 3:31 PM
  • when you boot to the installation media, you can launch command prompt and run Diskpart utility. you can configure the disk as per your needs.

• Proposed as answer by CharanS Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:47 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:47 AM