Rendering 3D content on top of a video stream

Question

• I'm building an augmented reality application and needed to render 3D models on top of a video stream. According to documentation the recommended setup when one needs to do high performance 3D rendering is to use the SwapChainBackgroundPanel. However when using this control the DirectX content is rendered behind other controls (including the MediaCapture element, which is being used to render my video stream).  The other method is to use the SurfaceImageSource. But recommendations on the SurfaceImageSource are against using it in a high performance scenario. Is there any way to combing video streaming with high performance rendering?

Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think you should use Directx11 to render video stream(you also need to write pixel shader to convert YUV format to RGB format) on SwapChainBackgroundPanel, ant then you can render other 3D scene . I already use this method to render the video stream from MediaCapture.

Friday, December 28, 2012 1:51 AM