asp site runs in vs2010 enviroment on win7, but will not run in IIS 7 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1389083566 posted

Don't know if this is the right part of the forums or not.

I have a web app that works fine on my XP machine. I now have a win 7 64bit machine with IIS 7. The app will still run in vs2010 when you click on the run button. No problems.

I have set up IIS 7 properly, I can type in the address to the site and it will start my login page. As soon as I enter name & pw and press enter, I get an error.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application       for some reason that I do not understand it highlites this line.    LIne 64.       myConnection.Open()

I have IIS 7 set to run 32 bit apps. I made the DSN driver with the 32 bit version. I know the driver is good. I can change the data base pointer to another machine and it works just fine.

any help will be appreciated.   Thanks

Sunday, May 4, 2014 9:58 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application  

According to the error message above, it seems that you've setup a 32-bit DSN using the 64-bit ODBC Administrator.

Here is a discussion about migrating development platform from Windows XP X86 to Windows 7 X64:

64 bit ODBC Exception 

hope it helps.

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 4:06 AM

All replies

• User1992938117 posted

You are trying to use 32bit odbc driver in 64 bit machine but by default 64 bit will work for connection , see the details below:

http://dacosta9.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/error-im014-microsoftodbc-driver-manager-the-specified-dsn-contains-an-architecture-mismatch-between-the-driver-and-application/ 

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:39 AM
  • User-1389083566 posted

Ok, I forgot in my initial post that I am using MySql. I just downloaded the 64bit version for the odbc driver and installed it. I ended up with no 32 bit driver then.

Can I have both a 32bit and 64 bit driver? According to the link you set you show both, but I have no 32bit odbc driver once I installed the 64 bit. And according to

what I have read, if I read it right, by changing the opiton in IIS 7 to use 32 bit, then it should have worked, or am I all wet on this?

Thank you for the initial reply.

Monday, May 5, 2014 8:51 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application  

According to the error message above, it seems that you've setup a 32-bit DSN using the 64-bit ODBC Administrator.

Here is a discussion about migrating development platform from Windows XP X86 to Windows 7 X64:

64 bit ODBC Exception 

hope it helps.

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 4:06 AM