Metro App Home with a mouse

General discussion

• I'm mouse lover, and I didn't have any computer with tactile interface, and navigate in the Home screen  is a complete pain it's possible to use the secondary boton of the mouse to move faster in the Home screen, or by clicking in the background and move???
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:43 PM

All replies

• That feature is not included with Windows Developer Preview but thank you for your feedback.  We are always glad to hear of your experiences with Windows Developer Preview and ideas to improve it.

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:01 PM
  • On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:43:44 +0000, Luis Alberto C wrote:

I'm mouse lover, and I didn't have any computer with tactile interface, and navigate in the Home screen ?is a?complete?pain it's?possible?to use the?secondary?boton of the mouse to move faster in the Home screen, or by clicking in?the?background and move???

Tried the scroll wheel yet?

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    A list is only as strong as its weakest link.  -- Don Knuth

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:02 PM
  • Noup (30 seg later) it scroll nice ^^' (sorry I didn't think in try that) , but i till will be grate if there by more ways to navigate to the home screen (I guess I'm not the only one who miss that).  
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:17 PM
  • If Microsoft insists on using this interface on the desktop - they should borrow an idea form games and make it so that as the mouse pointer hits the edge of the screen the screen moves along to faciliate it.

Friday, September 16, 2011 11:56 PM
  • Raseley > that would only work well when using a single monitor ... I use two monitors and not "even" Win 7 works perfectly with two monitors (e.g. it's difficult to use the split-screen function by moving the window to either edge of the desktop properly - you end up with a window occupying the left half of the left monitor and a window occupying the right half of the right monitor) ... what I'm saying is: it would be nice to have an OS that is also optimized for multiple monitors (the new taskbar is a huge start - I love that you can have the windows on the taskbar on the corresponding monitor ... and that you have the ability to change it!)... Hmm - I think I've derailed a bit here...

Anyway - it feels like you are supposed to have both mouse, keyboard and touch-screen for this to function properly and that just wont work as a general OS - quite few systems have all three and (to me) it feels like they are all needed to make this feel functional and fluent, if that makes sense... Win 8 is definitely not complete, but it has some great potentials ... but if the touch-screen-dependency isn't reduced at least a little bit, this won't be as easy to use for desktops and laptops without touch-screens as Windows 7 and other "ordinary" desktop operating systems...

Also: I'm really missing something like the search field in the start-menu in Win 7 - it's way too difficult to find to programs that you need (e.g. the various windows tools that are not shown in the present start menu/screen and are not as easy accessible in e.g. the control panel) ... just a thought anyway...

Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:40 AM