Hebrew in Visual C++ 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

How do I make all child windows 'understand' Hebrew ( output/input Hebrew )e.g.

I have some child windows derived from CWnd and their Hebrew get gibrish

if CStatic created thus ( not using Resource Editor ) :

mKot[1].Create("úàåø", WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE, CRect(150, 230, 200, 250), this, 121);

what is seen here as gibrish is in Hebrew and shows Hebrew on screen

if created thus :

mKot[0].CreateEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE|WS_EX_RIGHT|WS_EX_RTLREADING, NULL,"îñôø", WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, CRect(150, 200, 200, 220),this,120,NULL);

what is seen here as gibrish is in Hebrew and does not show on the screen at all, the control shows but without text.

Same for CEdit controls. 

To be more precise :

for controls created with the Resource Editor the .RC file contain the needed information to compile and they work with Hebrew OK.

Understand it has to do with #pragma with setlocale or code_page but I could not find out what to do.

Thanks

Gad Tavor

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:18 PM

All replies

• Which version of windows are you using ? Have you install the Hebrew language on your Window ?
    Delphine GARRO
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:58 AM
  • Hi

Thank you for the reply.

The said machine works with XP.

Hebrew is installed OK. All programs like WORD, EXCEL etc. and many more all work fine with Hebrew.

For exemple - next line here is saying "this line is typed in Hebrew without any problem".

שורה זו נכתבה בעברית בלי שום בעיות

More than that - Controls I create using Resource Editor marking in properties the RTLREADING work with Hebrew too.

In creating a new project in the Visual C++ 6 the languages list choice it displays do not include "system default neutral" ( or something like that ) but the Resource Editor does give this option. Guess this gives the compiler the information needed and I do not know where and how I can "teach" the compiler Hebrew.

Thanks in advance

Gad Tavor

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:52 PM
  • Have you put Unicode strings into the String Table resource ? ( Unicode strings need to be entered into the .rc file with a text editor, in L"0x0034" form ).

See this article about  How To Create Localized Resource DLLs for MFC Application

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198846

Delphine GARRO
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:59 AM