none
Permissions unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Everything was running fine. I installed updates, was a couple months behind. Ten rebooted. Now every user that is in the members group (full control) cannot edit items/pages/list etc.... Even logging is as farm admin I cannot view permissions of Sharepoint Editors default group. I looked at the permissions of the members group and everything is checked but greyed out as I dont' have permissions to change anything. Updates and a restart messed up the permissions, how do I get them back? Should I run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard? is there a powershell script to put all permissions back?

For instance, On the Site Settings page, in the Users and Permissions section, click Advanced permissions, I don't see Advanced Permissions even though I am logged in as admin.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:46 PM

Answers

• Is the Site Collection in a read only/locked state?  Is the content database in a read only state?  This information can be found in Central Administration -> Application Management.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by sahajin Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:13 PM

All replies

• Is the Site Collection in a read only/locked state?  Is the content database in a read only state?  This information can be found in Central Administration -> Application Management.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by sahajin Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:13 PM
  • Is this on all site collections, incluidng central admin?

Also which CU packages did you install?

Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Well, it was in a locked state, not sure how it got there but I can edit things now. I have all the options I was missing. Thanks Trevor. Alex, yes it was on all site collections and central admin. We are running Sharepoint 2010 Foundation.

All is well again :)

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:00 PM