none
PRINTING Error using ReportViewer control RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

I am trying to print a report on a computer using Windows 2000 Pro, the report show up fine but I get the following error message when trying to print it:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Does this control work with Windows 2000 Pro? I am printing the same report using a machine with Windows XP Pro and it works fine. I also can't export to PDF or EXCEL.

Any help would be great!
    Thanks!

Cristian E.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:24 PM

All replies

• So we found out that this error was due to a security setting. The profile that was trying to print this report (userA) did not have admin rights. We then logged on as the administrator and were able to print the reports and export to PDF and EXCEL just fine. When we added the userA to the administrator group and tried to print, it wouldn't work either. Only the administrator is able to print this reports using the reportViewer control. This is a Windows 2000 machine, with all the windows updates and SP4.

Is there a security setting that we can check or any other setting to make userA be able to print these reports??

Help!!

Thanks!

Friday, March 23, 2007 10:41 PM