none
unable to resolve NKFILETIMETOSYSTEMTIME in eboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a WIN CE 7.0 based custom board with ixm53 processor.

I wanted to read internal RTC time in eboot and print in command menu. I can read on chip RTC registers and but could not convert this time to SYSTEM TIME, as NKFILETIMETOSYSTEMTIME is unable to resolve?

I wonder how can i resolve it in my eboot code?  Its not helping including the header files as it done in OAL/RTC/rtc.c file.

can somebody tell whether it is possible or not , if yes how?

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:56 PM

All replies

• Rambabu:

If I follow you correctly, you are trying to output something about your Real Time Clock (RTC) in your bootloader (eboot). 

Given that the bootloader runs before the OS runs, you will not be able to use OS functionality.  NKFileTimeToSystemTime() assumes that there is a system.

But since all you really have in the bootloader is the raw date/time from your hardware RTC, that shouldn't be a problem. Just output each register in a pretty format that looks like what you need.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

• Proposed as answer by Vinoth[MCTS] Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:31 AM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 7:30 PM
  • Thanks Bruce.

I have realized it. since internal RTC of imx53 will not give time in SYSTEMTIME format, i am looking for a ready made function which can do the job of NKFILETIMETOSYSTEMTIME (). 

Regards,

Rambabu

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:39 PM