Why exported pipelines cannot be deployed with PowerShell? RRS feed

• Question

• 1) I have ADF with 4 pipelines and 8 datasets created manually in Azure Portal. This environment is up and running fine.

2) I have done Export ARM template in ADF portal and downloaded it.

3) New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment -Name MyARMDeployment -ResourceGroupName ADFTutorialResourceGroup -TemplateFile C:\ADFTutorial\ADFTutorialARM.json -TemplateParameterFile C:\ADFTutorial\ADFTutorialARM-Parameters.json

4) I can see that 8 datasets are available in Azure portal. But there is nothing in pipelines. Why?

Kenny_I

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Kenny,

Do you mean the pipelines are not imported? Or do you mean the activities inside the pipeline are lost?

Could you Press F12, and go to network tab, and then click refresh button in the UI. Then check the pipelines API call response? We could use this way to check whether it is due to the deployment failure or the UI render issue. 

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:30 PM
  • I used Azure portal to export ARM template and then I used PowerShell to deployment, but I cannot see any pipeline in Azure portal. Datasets got imported, where are pipelines.

Pipelines missing from ADF

Kenny_I

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 5:36 PM
  • Hi Kenny,

Event after refreshing the browser, the pipelines didn't show out? What is your arm template looks like? Does it contains information about pipelines ? 

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:52 AM
  • check your repository, it might be that

is anyone else working on the same ADF?

can be a display issue, check the jason files.

good luck

Sincerely Nik -- Please kindly mark the post(s) that answered your question and/or vote for the post(s). http://sqldataside.blogspot.ca/ (SQL Tabular + PowerShell)

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 2:05 AM