none
How to build RFID Inventory system using VS VB.NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Please help me to learn "How to build RFID Inventory system using VS VB.NET". i need create inventory system for my company stores. there is lots of parts in containers like vehicle parts and construction materials. 

Thank you....

(O__O)

RohanD

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Rohan,

Inventory management system is based on modular approach and deals with the problems faced under inventory management in a very systematic manner. The entire information procedure in this system comprises of modules such as:
    1. Indent order processing
    2. Purchase order processing
    3. Item receipt order processing
    4. Item issue order processing
    5. Item returns order processing

Here is the some idea of building inventory system, you can refer to:

http://www.codewithc.com/inventory-management-system-project-vb-net/

Here is the link about building inventory system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68o6PVFtOQs

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by RAT_SL Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:38 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:38 AM
  • High level, you need to first have all business requirements solidified. Based on business requirements you would then determine the architecture from hardware to software, what does it take to meet user and business requirements.

The above includes a solid database schema (this is paramount) followed up by determining the best way to access data e.g. using a managed data provider, Entity Framework etc.  I would highly suggest staying away from using TableAdapter or DataAdapter approach has both are not flexible when it comes to projects with many tables and relationships as I would see with your basic requirements.

This is coupled with the database decision. Depending on the life time and usage of the data storage can determine the best database to use along with funding. Many times a developer will use ms-access or MySQL databases where the decision comes from funding as using SQL-Server database may be out of reach for the project budget and with that can be more work and less secure data containers.

You need to consider roles of users as you most likely don't want all users to have all access to everything so there is something else to consider be it active directory via windows authentication to (or including) roles in the actual database. If things are online there is Azure and B2C options.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Our forum is to talk about visual studio IDE and I will move your thread to VB for a professional support. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:06 AM
  • Hi Rohan,

Inventory management system is based on modular approach and deals with the problems faced under inventory management in a very systematic manner. The entire information procedure in this system comprises of modules such as:
    1. Indent order processing
    2. Purchase order processing
    3. Item receipt order processing
    4. Item issue order processing
    5. Item returns order processing

Here is the some idea of building inventory system, you can refer to:

http://www.codewithc.com/inventory-management-system-project-vb-net/

Here is the link about building inventory system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68o6PVFtOQs

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:38 AM
  • High level, you need to first have all business requirements solidified. Based on business requirements you would then determine the architecture from hardware to software, what does it take to meet user and business requirements.

The above includes a solid database schema (this is paramount) followed up by determining the best way to access data e.g. using a managed data provider, Entity Framework etc.  I would highly suggest staying away from using TableAdapter or DataAdapter approach has both are not flexible when it comes to projects with many tables and relationships as I would see with your basic requirements.

This is coupled with the database decision. Depending on the life time and usage of the data storage can determine the best database to use along with funding. Many times a developer will use ms-access or MySQL databases where the decision comes from funding as using SQL-Server database may be out of reach for the project budget and with that can be more work and less secure data containers.

You need to consider roles of users as you most likely don't want all users to have all access to everything so there is something else to consider be it active directory via windows authentication to (or including) roles in the actual database. If things are online there is Azure and B2C options.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:41 PM
  • Thank you very much... I well read all source 

RohanD

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:36 PM
  • Thank you very much.... i have SQL Server Enterprise in Office. I think i can use it... 

RohanD

• Unmarked as answer by RAT_SL Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:38 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:37 PM
  • after watch and read i have new problem..... that is 

"How to connect RFID Scanner to VB.NET project"

Please answer me....

RohanD

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:55 PM
  • "How to connect RFID Scanner to VB.NET project"

That is a different question that should be in a new post. Your best place to start is with the examples provided by the manufacturer.  Be sure to include that detail in your new question.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:47 PM