none
How can I determine the color scheme being used for code particle in IDE editor?

Question

• I want to change the color for folded text, but I cannot determine which Tools > Options > Fonts and Colors setting to select to make it happen.

How can I retrieve the information which Tools > Options > Fonts and Colors list element applies to a certain code particle?

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Better Today,

Thanks for your post.

>>I want to change the color for folded text, but I cannot determine which Tools > Options > Fonts and Colors setting to select to make it happen.

You could change the color of the collapsible text in Tools→Options→Environment→Fonts and Colors→Display items[Collapsible text]

After that, restart your Visual Studio. Then it will change the color of the Collapsible part, for example:

If I misunderstood your issue, please feel free to let me know.

>>How can I retrieve the information which Tools > Options > Fonts and Colors list element applies to a certain code particle?

First you could refer to the name of the element, or you may need to try the elements one by one to see which apply to your requirement.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, August 26, 2016 2:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Better Today,

Thanks for your post.

>>I want to change the color for folded text, but I cannot determine which Tools > Options > Fonts and Colors setting to select to make it happen.

You could change the color of the collapsible text in Tools→Options→Environment→Fonts and Colors→Display items[Collapsible text]

After that, restart your Visual Studio. Then it will change the color of the Collapsible part, for example:

If I misunderstood your issue, please feel free to let me know.

>>How can I retrieve the information which Tools > Options > Fonts and Colors list element applies to a certain code particle?

First you could refer to the name of the element, or you may need to try the elements one by one to see which apply to your requirement.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, August 26, 2016 2:19 AM
  • Excellent!

Works like a charm. In the beginning I wasn't aware that I was to restart Visual Studio.

Thank you for sharing your valuable knowledge with me.

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

Saturday, August 27, 2016 2:23 PM