none
HID USB packet reader RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I tried to look for somewhere more appropriate but couldn't. I made a HID USB device using an MCU and I'd like to read the packets it sends me (literally nothing more), similar to PuTTY. Can someone point me to a tutorial or something that tells me how to do that in C/C++? I managed to get <g class="gr_ gr_310 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="310" id="310">pywinusb</g> to work, but I found it slow.

thank you for your time.

Saturday, June 17, 2017 9:38 PM

Answers

• Download the Microsoft Message Analyzer from here. It can capture and display USB packets, as well as network, and lots of other protocol-type things. There is also a forum here

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Monday, June 19, 2017 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi kiyoshi7,

I help you move this case to the Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum for dedicated support.

Thanks,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Download the Microsoft Message Analyzer from here. It can capture and display USB packets, as well as network, and lots of other protocol-type things. There is also a forum here

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Monday, June 19, 2017 7:10 AM
  • YAT is a free terminal like app that also supports "HID serial" - maybe it can work with your device. If not, you can tweak it.

-- pa

Monday, June 19, 2017 1:16 PM