none
[winRt 8.1]What happens when Im updating my app to new version from store?

Question

• Let us consider that I have a app with old version in my desktop and now a newer version is available on the store.

Current installed app is having some local db and local setting.

If I update the new version, what will happen?

Whether my local db and local settings are restored or they get erased from local.Or automatically Uninstall my old version and install a new version?

Can anyone explain what will happen while updating a app?

dinez

Thursday, November 24, 2016 6:24 AM

All replies

• I haven't tried this scenario for real, but when I have on my developer machine an APPX installed, then do a "version change" and install a newer APPX, it keeps the old settings
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:10 AM
  • Hi Dinez,

When you have install app from Store, and now you want to update app from Store. All Application data  is kept during updates, you don’t need to worry.
    I also find similar thread you can refer to.

Best Regards,
    Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 8:50 AM
  • I think cherry's and deskrule's argument are all right, you can refer to.
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 6:36 AM
  • now my program is in the store I can confirm that the settings are maintained after updates. App updates are handled behind the scenes, the user doesn't really know anything about it :)

nice job!

Thursday, December 1, 2016 10:07 AM