none
Word Addins issue RRS feed

• Question

• A Word Addin application I created using COM IDTExensibility2 interface has a problem when opening Word 2010 on Windows 7, a message box pops up with "Requested registry access is not allowed" and the addin doens't work properly. However, if Word 2010 opens as Administrator(Run as administrator), the addin works fine. Any ideas on where the  "Requested registry access is not allowed" comes from? Thanks.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 2:41 PM

Answers

• found the problem, need to set the User's permission of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Word.Application key to Full Control.
    • Marked as answer by feg2008 Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:15 PM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:15 PM

All replies

• I set User permission of registry key of my application to Full control and the error message box is gone, but the addin still doesn't work properly if I don't run Word 2010 as Administrator.
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:48 PM
  • found the problem, need to set the User's permission of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Word.Application key to Full Control.
    • Marked as answer by feg2008 Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:15 PM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:15 PM
  • Hi Feg2008,

I am glad to hear that you have resolve the problem yourself and share the workaround with us. You are welcome

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 6, 2011 8:14 AM