none
vba security problem - pwd is easily cracked RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As you know vba passwords are easily cracked or removed by a few methods and it seems there is no a way to secure password in reality.

However;

Is there a way to determine someone opens vba editor. If we don’t secure the file at least catch the intruder.
    Monday, May 21, 2018 6:02 AM

All replies

• That is not  reply to my question, it is a suggestion.

Please reply to question.

• Edited by k_turhan Friday, June 1, 2018 7:57 AM mis typing
    Friday, June 1, 2018 7:57 AM
  • My friend has used this tool to successfully secure his VBA addin.
    Friday, June 1, 2018 1:39 PM
  • No response ??
    Friday, July 6, 2018 7:08 AM
  • why do you want to put a pwd on your code in the first place?

Friday, July 6, 2018 7:36 AM
  • Connecting Oracle database by connection string, so writing a user and password in code. I don't want anyone to see user and password information.

Why do you ask unrelated questions? I think Microsoft is prosaically weak on pwd protection and traceability, so you are trying to change the main subject.

Probably no one has a respond.

• Edited by k_turhan Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:56 PM
  • Sometimes understanding the overall objective can lead to alternative suggestions which might help, even if not a direct answer.

As to your original question, determine if the VBE is open, you could set up a timer to monitor if its window exists, something like

IsOpenVBE = IsWindowVisible(FindWindow("wndclass_desked_gsk", Application.VBE.MainWindow.Caption))

Although that might be a direct answer to your question I don't think just that would help you, the user might have the VBE open for his own projects. I could suggest other things but reviewing your comments you don't seem to want suggestions.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:01 AM
  • You shouldn't Hard code your pwd's, it's an elementary way of working.

Monday, July 30, 2018 2:40 PM