none
Error while implementing interface - Interface definition is also missing RRS feed

• Question

• When attempting to implement an interface (by right-clicking the interface and selecting "Implement Interface"), I am getting an error:

Please note that interface definition is also not available when pressed F12 on interface. So, looks like some patch is missing... 

How would I get to know that what patch is missing to resolve this issue?   I have VS2010 and VS2013 on my machine and in both IDE's I am getting same error.

Microsoft Visual Studio

An unknown error occurred while processing. No stubs were generated.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:49 PM

Answers

• Hi AD_16,

I can implement the IComparable interface based on this document: How to: Implement Interface, and I can navigate into the IComparable definition if I press F12 on IComparable.

Please restart your PC, run VS as admin, create a new console application and implement IComparable interface to check whether the same issue will occur.

If the same issue will occur, IComparable interface is from System assembly which is from .Net Framework. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling corresponding .Net Framework to check the result.

Since you got error when you work with VS2010 and VS2013 on your machine,  I doubt there may be anything wrong with your VS environment, which may cause the interface implement issue.

Please run VS under safe mode using devenv.exe /safemode(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278(v=vs.120).aspx ) to avoid the impact from some third-party VSPackages.

If the issue will disappear under safe mode, you need to disable those third-party VSPackages from Visual Studio Tools->Extensions and Updates.

If the issue still exists, please repair or reinstall your VS.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 12, 2014 9:29 AM