Server Error in '/PersonalWebSite3' Application. RRS feed

• Question

• User1825217117 posted

Hi ,

I am a novice in website development .I downloaded the Personal Website Toolkit to and while running that application , i receive the error as stated  below .And also i am employing Sql Server 2008 express that is installed by default while installing Visual Studion 2008 Sp1 express edition .Do we have to install sql server separately to build applications such as websites .

The error is as follows ,kindly help me out .

Database 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\BHARATH KUMAR\MY DOCUMENTS\VISUAL STUDIO 2008\WEBSITES\PERSONALWEBSITE3\APP_DATA\PERSONAL.MDF' cannot be upgraded because its non-release version (607) is not supported by this version of SQL Server. You cannot open a database that is incompatible with this version of sqlservr.exe. You must re-create the database.
    Could not open new database 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\BHARATH KUMAR\MY DOCUMENTS\VISUAL STUDIO 2008\WEBSITES\PERSONALWEBSITE3\APP_DATA\PERSONAL.MDF'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
    An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Documents and Settings\Bharath Kumar\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\PersonalWebSite3\App_Data\Personal.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

Regards ,

Arun C

Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:52 AM

All replies