Maintaining focus on texbox through timer tick event RRS feed

• Question

• User1000945240 posted

You can probably guess what's up from the subject and I expect it's been asked many times before but I've not found anything on it that handled it for me.

I have two nested updatepanels. On the inside one there is a gridview and a list control and a timer. The tick event queries the database and updates these controls as needed.

Meantime the user could be busily typing into a textbox that is on the outside updatepanel and whenever the tick event fires the textbox being typed into loses focus.

I've tried stopping the timer from the textbox  text changed event but that doesn't seem to fire until the user clicks something outside the textbox.

I want a way to stop this without a crude button for the user to click saying "stop the jumpy textbox". There are several things a user might do before he starts typing but none of them are definite last actions before typing apart from clicking the textbox itself, and that doesn't have a click event.

Saturday, July 11, 2015 11:53 PM

Answers

• User1000945240 posted

Info above wasn't entirely accurate. There were two buttons that once a user has clicked he is most likely to start typing in the troublesome textbox. So I turned off the timer in those click events.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 12, 2015 11:11 AM