none
Azure AD Graph API and Microsoft Graph API

Question

• We earlier had some conversations about getting Azure AD audit data via the Reporting API (part of Azure Active Directory Graph API). We were told that the latency in reporting APIs will be 15-30 mins for the time being.

Today, we observed that this latency was actually running into 90-120 mins range. I would like to know if this behavior that we are observing is consistent with any of your other users/customers. And in case, this indeed is a technical problem at your end, we would like to know if this is just a temporary issue and the relevant team would be working on it.

There is another reason I ask this question. We observe that the direction from Microsoft is now to instead go with the Microsoft Graph API ( actually a strong recommendation).

So, in light of this, strong recommendation, do you know if the latency issue on Azure AD Graph API (Reporting API), would be fixed in the near future as there could be less focus on Azure AD Graph API now?

Regarding the Microsoft Graph API itself, I have a few questions.

1. Do you know if it supports the Audit events on AD? If yes, then can you please guide us on how we could work on a prototype?
    2. If the answer to the above question is a yes, do you know if there is going to be a latency issue here as well? If yes, do you know what is the range of latency we are talking about here?

We need to make some lightning quick decisions based on your insights here. I would highly appreciate you helping us with these questions.

Friday, April 7, 2017 8:47 AM

All replies