none
"No internet connection detected on this machine. Please connect to the Internet and click Retry. Clicking continue without an internet connection may prevent install of some optional features."

Question

• I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual Studio Professional, however it gives me this error message.

"No internet connection detected on this machine. Please connect to the Internet and click Retry. Clicking continue without an internet connection may prevent install of some optional features.

I do have an internet connection, and my laptop is connected to the internet. Can someone please help me with this?

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I fixed it mate. I installed the latest version of IE (that was IE 11). Then it didn't ask for the Internet Connection anymore. The setup was successful.

Thanks Mahmoud,

Cheers

Yemal

• Marked as answer by YemalBandara Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are trying to install the Visual studio using Web installer, this will require a valid internet connection, if you need to install it without the request for internet connection , you can download the offline installer of the Visual studio and install it. This won't require any internet connection.

You say that you have already internet connection, please check if you are using a Proxy, you need to check its settings  from the internet options. If you are not using, please check your Firewall.

Thanks,

Mahmoud

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

I fixed it mate. I installed the latest version of IE (that was IE 11). Then it didn't ask for the Internet Connection anymore. The setup was successful.

Thanks Mahmoud,

Cheers

Yemal

• Marked as answer by YemalBandara Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:30 PM
  • Hi Yemal,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your result here.

It will benefit to other community members who have the same issue.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:18 AM
  • Anytime Lana :)

Cheers

Yemal

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:36 AM