Workflow - Notify # action items SP2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just started working with sharepoint this month and I'm currently working on creating a workflow that send a notification whenever a certain user has 2 action items. The thing is that I can't figure out (I have absolutely no idea) how to create this condition in the workflow

I'm using SharePoint Designer 2010.

Thank you everyone,

Friday, January 29, 2016 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Alejandro Orozco Lopez,

Sorry for delayed reply.

You could loop through the list item, find the warning of one. Then compare the created time of the last warning with the current time, if it is more than 30 days, you could send the email to the user’s manager. You could use the “Find Interval Between Dates” action in workflow to compare the date.

Workflow actions quick reference (SharePoint 2010 Workflow platform).

https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/jj822977.aspx

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:02 AM

All replies

What do you mean that the user has 2 action items?

If the action items are the list items, you could loop through the list and check if there are two items created by the same user. If there is, you could send the notification to the user.

[Tutorial] How to Loop Through Multiple List Items Without Code Using a SharePoint 2010 Workflow.

http://blog.rbaconsulting.com/tutorial-how-to-loop-through-multiple-list-items-without-code-using-a-sharepoint-2010-workflow/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Sara Fan Monday, February 1, 2016 10:23 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:44 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 10:21 AM
  • Hi,

I have a list where I track the number of times a user has received a warning due to committing an insecure activity and each is valid for a 30 day period. Once an user has 2 "valid" warnings I send a notification to the user's manager.  

I want to have the manager's notification automatic using a workflow.

Thank you Sara!

Monday, February 1, 2016 2:51 PM

Sorry for delayed reply.

You could loop through the list item, find the warning of one. Then compare the created time of the last warning with the current time, if it is more than 30 days, you could send the email to the user’s manager. You could use the “Find Interval Between Dates” action in workflow to compare the date.

Workflow actions quick reference (SharePoint 2010 Workflow platform).

https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/jj822977.aspx

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:02 AM