locked
Report Viewer RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-860009756 posted

    HI, I have some code from an older project VS 2005 upgraded to VS 2010, which creates the rdlc report as pdf so I can send out the items as invoices. This code appears to be working when I have a blank rdlc template.

    At some stage during creating the reports Im running into problems and its saying "An Error Has Occurred During Report Processing.", I suspect this is when I add the datasets to the rdlc (In template),  as I can have static text elements on the page and an embedded image and it works fine.

    This is drawing a pdf to the file system, though it will not draw the pdf when I add the dataset from the xsd.

    In addition the expressions all show as <<expr>> - is this supposed to happen?

    Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

     

    Sunday, April 24, 2011 12:23 AM

Answers

  • User-860009756 posted

    OK, So got it working, the data items still show as Expr which is annoying, but it gets the data which is the main thing,

    Turns out the report doesn't like:

    Reports with dataset definitions that aren't supplied.

     

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:29 PM

All replies

  • User-860009756 posted

    Some

    Exception Stack Trace
        at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, Warning[]& warnings)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.Render(String format, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Report.Render(String format, String deviceInfo, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings)
       at Report.CreateReport(String ReportName, ReportViewer Report, ReportFormat ReportFormat, BasePage CurrentPage, DBConnection DB, Boolean ToScreen) in D:\Projects\beauaccessories\web\App_Code\Reports\report.vb:line 113

    Inner Exception Stack Trace
          at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.OnDemandProcessingContext.AbortHelper.ThrowAbortException(String reportUniqueName)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.OnDemandProcessingContext.CheckAndThrowIfAborted()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RetrievalManager.FetchData(Boolean mergeTran)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RetrievalManager.PrefetchData(ReportInstance reportInstance, ParameterInfoCollection parameters, Boolean mergeTran)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.Merge.FetchData(ReportInstance reportInstance, Boolean mergeTransaction)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.ProcessOdpReport(Report report, OnDemandMetadata odpMetadataFromSnapshot, ProcessingContext pc, Boolean snapshotProcessing, Boolean reprocessSnapshot, Boolean processUserSortFilterEvent, Boolean processWithCachedData, ErrorContext errorContext, DateTime executionTime, IChunkFactory cacheDataChunkFactory, StoreServerParameters storeServerParameters, GlobalIDOwnerCollection globalIDOwnerCollection, SortFilterEventInfoMap oldUserSortInformation, EventInformation newUserSortInformation, String oldUserSortEventSourceUniqueName, ExecutionLogContext executionLogContext, OnDemandProcessingContext& odpContext)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RenderReport(IRenderingExtension newRenderer, DateTime executionTimeStamp, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc, IChunkFactory cacheDataChunkFactory, IChunkFactory yukonCompiledDefinition, Boolean& dataCached)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RenderReport(IRenderingExtension newRenderer, DateTime executionTimeStamp, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc, IChunkFactory yukonCompiledDefinition)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.LocalService.CreateSnapshotAndRender(CatalogItemContextBase itemContext, ReportProcessing repProc, IRenderingExtension renderer, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc, SubreportCallbackHandler subreportHandler, ParameterInfoCollection parameters, DatasourceCredentialsCollection credentials)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.LocalService.Render(CatalogItemContextBase itemContext, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, ParameterInfoCollection reportParameters, IEnumerable dataSources, DatasourceCredentialsCollection credentials, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, ReportRuntimeSetup runtimeSetup)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, Warning[]& warnings)

    Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:17 PM
  • User-860009756 posted

    OK, So got it working, the data items still show as Expr which is annoying, but it gets the data which is the main thing,

    Turns out the report doesn't like:

    Reports with dataset definitions that aren't supplied.

     

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:29 PM
  • User1471008070 posted

    Thanks for sharing the information.

    Monday, April 25, 2011 9:37 PM