How to download file using IE object (SHDocVw.InternetExplorerMedium()) ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an object and logged in to the web application successfully but could not download the file as i could not click the save button in the save dialog pop-up.

public static SHDocVw.InternetExplorerMedium IE = new SHDocVw.InternetExplorerMedium();

IE.Visible = true;
                    IE.Navigate(login_URL);

IE.Document.Forms(0).item(0).value = "username";
                    IE.Document.Forms(0).item(1).value = "password";
                    IE.Document.Forms(0).item(3).Click();

IE.Navigate(export_Word_or_Zip_URL);

Now i got the open save download dialog but i am not able to click on any. Could you please help me to control or click the save option in the pop-up IE.

SomaSundaram R

• Moved by Kristin Xie Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:04 AM IE extension related
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:34 AM

Answers

• Use coded UI (Visual Studio Enterprise Edition has it) project to record the downloads. It did my job.

SomaSundaram R

• Marked as answer by SomaSundaram R Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:08 AM
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:08 AM

All replies

• Hi SomaSundaram R,

Based on your description, your case more related to IE extension. I will move your case to that forum for better support.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:03 AM
  • Could you please give me the link where you have moved to ??

SomaSundaram R

Monday, October 3, 2016 7:28 AM
  • Use coded UI (Visual Studio Enterprise Edition has it) project to record the downloads. It did my job.

SomaSundaram R

• Marked as answer by SomaSundaram R Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:08 AM
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 5:08 AM