none
Debugger error - .Net is looking for ServerComputer.vb RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know what changed, but I get an error or dialog box looking for the file f:\dd\vb\runtime\msvbalib\Devices\ServerComputer.vb

I don't even have a f: drive

ServerComputer.vb not found
    You need to find ServerComputer.vb to view the source for the current call stack frame.

This is happening on IO commands like the following.

If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(tmpStr & "\" & DocFile) Then

File.Move(FnameFrom, FnameTo)

I don't remember this happening in the past.

Gary

Sunday, July 8, 2018 2:06 PM

Answers

• Usually runtime exceptions such as this typically happen when in debug mode when debugging/stepping though code and a source file is not located to step-into. If nothing has changed in the project or updates done to the computer with Visual Studio try closing Visual Studio, re-open Visual Studio and try again.

Also try this

Dim fileName as String = Path.Combine(tmpStr, DocFile)
    If File.Exists(fileName) Then

End If

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

That was not the problem. 

After further research, I found the Enable Just My Code was unchecked. 
    Once I checked that option, all worked as expected.
    Both my 2015 & 2017 were unchecked. I don't know why.

Hopefully, this is the correct fix.

Gary

• Marked as answer by GaryK Sunday, July 8, 2018 7:15 PM
    Sunday, July 8, 2018 7:14 PM

All replies

• Usually runtime exceptions such as this typically happen when in debug mode when debugging/stepping though code and a source file is not located to step-into. If nothing has changed in the project or updates done to the computer with Visual Studio try closing Visual Studio, re-open Visual Studio and try again.

Also try this

End If

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, July 8, 2018 3:54 PM

Also try this

End If

VB Forums - moderator

That was not the problem. 

After further research, I found the Enable Just My Code was unchecked. 
    Once I checked that option, all worked as expected.
    Both my 2015 & 2017 were unchecked. I don't know why.

Hopefully, this is the correct fix.

Gary

• Marked as answer by GaryK Sunday, July 8, 2018 7:15 PM
    Sunday, July 8, 2018 7:14 PM