none
Debugging Help RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day,

I am getting the following error message and need some assistance. The error is:

"The instruction 0X09F83870 referenced at 0X09F83870.  The memory could not be read.  Click OK to terminate"

This happens on a deployed copy of the application running under Terminal Server at a customer site. The problem is I can't duplicate the error in my environment which I have matched as closely as possible to their environment.

Are their any tools that I can run on their machine that may collect some data to give me more insight into the problem?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:01 PM

Answers

• Try this option, let me know if it works, it seems like a virtual memory problem on the terminal server......
     Left click on My Computer - select Properties - Go to the Advanced Tab to the right and click on it - In the performance section ; click on advanced options - In the lower box you will see Virtual Memory - Increase the size ( 400 min and 2000 Max ) click on set - You will have to reboot your system - This should fix the problem
    Surya Prakash Jayanti. Mail me jnsuryaprakash@gmail.com
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:25 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:25 PM

All replies

• Try this option, let me know if it works, it seems like a virtual memory problem on the terminal server......
     Left click on My Computer - select Properties - Go to the Advanced Tab to the right and click on it - In the performance section ; click on advanced options - In the lower box you will see Virtual Memory - Increase the size ( 400 min and 2000 Max ) click on set - You will have to reboot your system - This should fix the problem
    Surya Prakash Jayanti. Mail me jnsuryaprakash@gmail.com
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:25 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:25 PM
  • Thanks for the advice. I will give that a try and see what happens.

Dan
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:43 PM