How to create Web Service that use online MySQL data base RRS feed

• Question

• User386247 posted

Hi guys, i'm new here, i'm trying to create an app that stores and retrieves data from an online MySQL database, someone told me that i could use web services for that, but i really don't know how, so if someone can help me out maybe sending a tutorial or something like that would be great, i've never used web services before so i don't even know how to connect my online db to them :cold_sweat: :(

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Sunday, June 2, 2019 4:32 PM

All replies

• User2148 posted

This is a Xamarin forum. I think you can use google to answer your question

Sunday, June 2, 2019 4:53 PM
  • User386247 posted

@AlessandroCaliaro said: This is a Xamarin forum. I think you can use google to answer your question

i've been searching in google and i can't find anything, tha's why i'm here...

Sunday, June 2, 2019 4:57 PM
  • User2148 posted

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/29d7e0/steps-to-create-a-simple-web-service-and-use-it-in-Asp-Net/

Sunday, June 2, 2019 5:31 PM
  • User386247 posted

If i add a ASP.Net project to my solution in order to create the web service, am i going to be able to call the web service from my Xamarin project?

Sorry if a ask this questions, again, i'm completely new in this Xamarin/WebServices

Thank you in advance :)

Sunday, June 2, 2019 7:06 PM
  • User321423 posted

This is not really a xamarin forms questions search Httpclient you will get the answers you need I am calling even a WCF service using that. You need to learn your basic c# before getting into xamarin is not a WYSIWYG editor you need to no programming.

Sunday, June 2, 2019 10:04 PM