none
Hi! I'm build a software with VS2005 and I got an important question???? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm currently developing a software and I got a problem, I want both the Visual C# code and
    Visual Basic code in the same *.exe file.

I'm having it like this I have a *.dll  and an *.exe the*. exe of course requires the *.dll to run.

I have tested this in my both projects:

C#: using Microsoft.VisualBasic;
    VB: Imports Microsoft.CSharp;

But this didn't helped me and I've tested to add just the *.vb file in the *.C# project and I've set the settings for the *.vb file to compile.
     But this didn't work.

And I'm not stuck but I just don't want the *.dll I want an *.exe without any *.dll requirements.

If somebody has the right solution please post here..

If you want more information just ask..

Have a great day..

Regards,
    Fisnik  

Coder24.com
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:07 AM

Answers

• You can use ILMerge from Microsoft Research to combine separately compiled assemblies into one.

http://research.microsoft.com/~mbarnett/ILMerge.aspx

There are also ways to do this with the Assembly Linker SDK tool (al.exe), but they will be inconvenient since Visual Studio will not compile to .netmodule files.  You would need to do all of the building from the command line to use al.exe.

• Marked as answer by Fisnik Hasani Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:59 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:17 PM

All replies

• You can use ILMerge from Microsoft Research to combine separately compiled assemblies into one.

http://research.microsoft.com/~mbarnett/ILMerge.aspx

There are also ways to do this with the Assembly Linker SDK tool (al.exe), but they will be inconvenient since Visual Studio will not compile to .netmodule files.  You would need to do all of the building from the command line to use al.exe.

• Marked as answer by Fisnik Hasani Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:59 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:17 PM
  • Hi!

Thank you! Very much the problem to find that tool was that it didn't work.
    SO I did a google search and I found a tool called "Phoenix Protector" that tool helped me.

But I wouldn't find it if you haven't told me about the IL Merge.

Have a great day... Thank you!!

Regards,
    Fisnik

Coder24.com
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:01 AM