none
Sync Contacts Slow EWS Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a C# application which uses EWS API to sync contacts from a database to multiple user's mailboxes.  It runs every night and loops thru the database tables. This was ok at first but now I am experiencing a strange issue. For most users, the sync happens really fast but for some users it is very slow. It can take up to 3 minutes to create or delete a single contact. And it does not depend on the mailbox size or the number of contacts being synced.

sContact = new Contact(service); sContact.FileAsMapping = FileAsMapping.SurnameCommaGivenName; // Set contact properties name, email phone etc...

// Save try { sContact.Save(ContactFolder.Id); } catch (System.Exception e) { rtn = e.Message; }

I don't know where to look and how to debug this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Vishnu

• Edited by Vishnugupt Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hi

Do you perform any kind of logging in your application? Can you turn on verbose logging to see what the issue is? The problematic users, can you ask IT to check if any errors are logged?

Edward van Biljon - Exchange MVP

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:01 AM

All replies

• Hi

Do you perform any kind of logging in your application? Can you turn on verbose logging to see what the issue is? The problematic users, can you ask IT to check if any errors are logged?

Edward van Biljon - Exchange MVP

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:01 AM
  • It s related to the contact folder size. As the folder size increases, the sync operation slows down. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

Vishnu

Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:59 PM