error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting a type specification near "" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I created an atl com project in vc++ 6.0 and two atl classes. These two classes contain two same interface.In first class cannot contain error but the second class display  two errors
     error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting a type specification near "IclsClientModelIF"
     error MIDL2026 : cannot recover from earlier syntax errors; aborting compilation

IclsClientModelIF is an iterface name.How to debugg this error?anybody can help me?
                                    Thanks
    Monday, August 24, 2009 7:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Dominic,

Based on your information, I guess something wrong with using "IclsClientModelIF" interface, when you want to use this interface, you'd better add " interface IclsClientModelIF " after import .idl sentence.

And VC++ 6.0 is not supported in future, I highly suggest you use newer version, sush as Visual C++ 2008.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Dominic Louis Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:06 PM
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Dominic,

Based on your information, I guess something wrong with using "IclsClientModelIF" interface, when you want to use this interface, you'd better add " interface IclsClientModelIF " after import .idl sentence.

And VC++ 6.0 is not supported in future, I highly suggest you use newer version, sush as Visual C++ 2008.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Dominic Louis Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:06 PM
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:40 AM
  • HI Nancy,
         Thank You .I'll tried that and it successfully .Now I change the position of that class ,first declare that interface and then declare that error part.This is same as your code Thanks
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:56 AM
  • Hi Dominic,

Glad to hear it works.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:16 AM