none
Xbox Live Creators Programm. Can't sign into development Sandbox on Xbox One and PC (Error 0x8015DC12).

Question

• I find my Sandbox ID in product Windows Dev Center on the page Services > Xbox Live. I switch my Xbox(PC) into development Sandbox.

Call function «SignInSilentlyAsync»:

SignInResult mSignInResult = await user.SignInSilentlyAsync(Window.Current.CoreWindow.Dispatcher);

return state UserInteractionRequired.

Call function «SignInAsync»:

SignInResult mSignInResult1 = await user.SignInAsync(Window.Current.CoreWindow.Dispatcher);

throw exception with error code 0x8015DC12.

If switch my PC into RETAIL sandbox, then calls functions return state «Success».

Why does an error occur in the development Sandbox? What me need to do to was no errors?

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 5:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sasha69,

Since the problem is more related to Xbox Live, I’ll help you move this thread to Xbox Live Forum. You could look for more professional support about Xbox live there.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:03 AM
  • Hi Sasha69,

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Double check to make sure the sandbox is entered correctly (it is case-sensitive).
    2. Make sure your Xbox Live Configuration is properly configured and deployed.
    3. This could mean you're not using a test account to attempt sign-in, or your test account doesn't have access to the same sandbox you're signed in as. Please double-check the instructions on creating test accounts at XDP documentation and if necessary create a new test account with access to the appropriate sandbox.
    You may need to remove your old account from Windows 10, you can do that by going to Settings from the Start Menu, and then going to Accounts

Note: If you can't access the above link, this page may be useful: Authorize Xbox Live Accounts

Let us know if any of those suggestions help.

Thank you,

Nate - Xbox Live Forum Moderator

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:49 PM
  • Hi Sasha69

I have a few more suggestions to make sure that your sandboxes in Dev Center is setup correctly.

Please take a look at this articles:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-live/get-started-with-creators/xbox-live-sandboxes-creators.

Other documentation that should help you resolve this issue:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-live/get-started-with-creators/get-started-with-xbox-live-creators

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-live/xbox-live-sandboxes

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kam - Xbox Live Forum Moderator

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:14 PM
  • I have made all the recommendations for setting up:

1) Sandbox ID is taken from the "Xbox Live creators Program" page:

Sandbox ID: AYBCTU.58

All the characters of the ID in uppercase (it is difficult to error).

2) 3 Windows accounts were successfully added on the "Manage Accounts" page. These accounts are successfully sign to the site Xbox.com. The "Test" button was repeatedly clicked to publish the current Xbox Live configuration for the “AYBCTU.58” sandbox.

3) For all three test accounts, the result is the same – a 0X8015DC12 error.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:51 PM
  • Hi Sasha69,

Thanks for your answers. Just to confirm, have you followed all the steps for associating your game with the Xbox Live service configuration?

1. If using Unity – Enable XBL (“Enable Xbox Live” section of this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-live/get-started-with-creators/configure-xbox-live-in-unity)
      2. If using XBL NuGet (“Associate your Visual Studio project with Xbox Live enabled title” section of https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-live/get-started-with-creators/develop-creators-title-with-visual-studio.)

And then, in your first post you wrote "Xbox(PC)", which I take to mean you're testing on PC, but just in case, if you're testing on Xbox One, make sure the console is in Dev Mode and authorized in UDC. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/devkit-activation)

If you can confirm that the above steps have also been followed and you're still running into the error, then please provide the following information for us to continue investigating:

1. What engine are you using (if any) and what version?
    2. What version of Xbox Live are you using?
    3. What IDE (i.e. Visual Studio) are you using and what version?

Thank you,

Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:42 PM
  • My app is a standard UWP app. I use Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 (version 15.5.4) to develop. The project uses NuGet packages:

"Microsoft.Advertising.XAML": "10.1705.16001",

"Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform": "6.0.6",

"Microsoft.Services.Store.SDK": "10.1705.16001",

"Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp": "2.1.1",

"Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.UI": "2.1.1",

"Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.UI.Controls": "2.1.1",

"Microsoft.Xbox.Live.SDK.WinRT.UWP": "2017.11.20171204.1"

The application is located in the WINDOWS store. The name of the application POKE-3D. The WINDOWS store has an app that doesn't support Xbox Live. An app that supports Xbox Live is being tested and ready for release.

Contents of the file "xboxservices. config":

{ "TitleId": 2071581514, "PrimaryServiceConfigId": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-00007b79d34a", "XboxLiveCreatorsTitle": true }

My XBOX is activated. On the "Manage Xbox One" consoles page, an entry for my Xbox has a "Active" value in the State column.

If I comment functions from the package "Xbox. Live SDK" in the program code, then debugging the application runs without errors on the PC and Xbox (the Xbox is switched to Developer mode for the time of debugging).

Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:11 PM
  • Today the application passed certification and was published in the WINDOWS store. Checked the work of the program on XBOX. Everything works without errors.
    I.e. the problem is with access to the development sandbox. It is a pity that there is no means to diagnose the problem and to identify the cause of lack of access to the  development sandbox.
    Friday, January 19, 2018 7:06 PM
  • Hi Sasha69

To Answer your question above, if you're testing on Xbox, you need to make sure to change the sandbox on it (this should require a reboot). For the PC, it's pretty much the same thing. You have to make sure that you put the PC in the right developer sandbox.

Here are some documentation that could clear any confusion.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-live/get-started-with-creators/xbox-live-sandboxes-creators

Kam - Xbox Live Forum Moderator.

Friday, January 19, 2018 8:43 PM
  • Hi Sasha69,

Did the information Kam provided on sandboxes help with your issue?

Thanks,

Nate  - Xbox Live Forum Moderator

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:44 AM
  • Hi Sasha69,

We will close our case for this question. If you would like more assistance, please feel free to reach out again, and we'll revisit it as needed.

Thank you,

Monday, January 29, 2018 11:10 AM